Monday, June 14, 2010

reason #203,944 why this is the best year of my life.

I was thinking about this on my way home tonight: This year is by far the most interesting year of my life. God's given me so many awesome opportunities. So many amazing people. So many hilarious (sometimes awkward) stories. Don't get me wrong- there have been some rough lessons and definitely some loss in this last year, but God wasn't kidding when He said He uses ALL things for our good. This makes all the crap totally worth it. 

Tonight. One of those hilarious... yet slightly not moments. For the last week we have had a photo shoot in the works. This shoot takes place tomorrow. I decided to go to a Kris Allen concert tonight at the Mercy Lounge in downtown Nash. When they found out I was only 20 they sent me to another line where a guy grabbed my hand and drew these lovely pictures on my little hands with the largest most permanent looking marker I've ever seen in my life:

Beautiful, huh? Sure it will translate onto camera well tomorrow. As he drew it on one hand I gasped. Before I could get a word out... both of my hands had large X's on them. Now listen, I TOTALLY understand why they do this. I'm all about it and had absolutely NO plans of getting into trouble so I didn't want to fight them... but I did care that I had 2 large X's on my hand... and I was slightly shocked because I didn't see that coming. No big deal, I guess. I will probably spend most of my night awake scrubbing them off. Who needs sleep? *sigh* 

So. I learned a lesson. 
Oh. It gets better: As I'm driving out of the venue my manager jumps in front of my car... so I rolled my window down and displayed my lovely hand-art. We sat there a few short minutes discussing the less painful ways of removing this before we see the photographer tomorrow morning. Joy. 

If anyone has any helpful ideas and would like to share before 8am tomorrow... give me a shout :) 

Thank you, God for keeping me guessing. It's never boring here.  

1 comment:

  1. Calli- did they come off?? I didn't see this post the first time... just stumbled on it this morning. Very funny!! (and not!)

    ReplyDelete