Thursday, May 6, 2010

We. Are. Nashville.

These last few days have felt like a blur... but when I sit down and see all that still needs to be done and all of the buildings that are STILL under water... it makes me wish time would speed up. I'm starting to really miss my city just being okay. 
I've thought about leaving. I miss showers. Doing the dishes. Running the washer. Using the sink... but the truth is: I know I'm small ... and maybe I can't tear down walls (and should really stay away from people who are...), but I have two hands that work just fine and I know God has a purpose for me here. That's something I can't ignore. This is my home. This is something I've said for a long time... but now it's something that I know. Home is a place that you don't leave just because things get tough. Home is full of people that make you smile even when you wanna cry a little. This is home. 

Tons of benefits and concerts are already happening. Thousands and thousands of people are getting out every day to pick up... We are sharing our stories and listening... I love this. 

I just want to say this: I am SO proud to be apart of this town. 


-"I've never seen a community pull together so quickly after a disaster." - Anderson Cooper

So... We kind of rock, Nashville, and after the last few days... I'd say we definitely deserve a serious pat on the back. 

-Cal. 

P.s.- Heard this tonight and smiled... so true:
You know you're in Nashville when you find guitar picks in parking lots like others find pennies.

good.night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment