Thursday, April 1, 2010

Restless.

Happy April Fools day, Blogger! No, I am not pregnant (although, that is a classic, I believe my mum would pee her pants... and that's not fun for anyone. ;) So far today I have found out that my friend, Kaley Kelsey, is moving to Alaska... then Kaley informed me that I am moving to Australia (Much better weather there.) and I found out that Felix is a she and she is expecting puppies. While none of that is actually true, my friends and I got quite the giggle out of it. 

2 more days until Haiti. 48 hours from now I will be sitting in an airport in Miami. I'm ready for this. 

God's showing me some things. We've been talking about our real-life heroes in our small group these last few weeks. It's crazy how some of those things change. If you would have asked me who my heroes were 5 months ago I would have had a completely different set of answers. Someone can promise to be something to you and change their mind. It's as simple as that. That's hard for me to understand. In a few short words, your world changes. I guess I'm stubborn and I don't like things changing. God ends relationships or removes people sometimes for a reason. I just don't like the sound that goodbyes make. Thank you, Jon McLaughlin, for understanding. Sometimes I remember how things used to be and wonder how we got to where we are now. Somewhere along the way we lost touch with who we were when we started. 

I need to quit rambling and just go write a song. I can feel it.


Patty Griffin "You'll Remember" 
Maybe one day along the way
You'll remember me on this island
Smiling at you how I used to
Maybe one day, you'll remember

And it won't be sad to think of all we had
All unhappy ends will be behind us then
Maybe one day along the way
You'll think of me, and you'll be smiling

Maybe one day, maybe one day
Maybe one day, you'll remember

No comments:

Post a Comment