Monday, March 29, 2010

I believe even if it's just a D.r.e.a.m.

After a few rainy days, the sun has decided to show it's face again. Thank goodness. I'm finding that the weather is beginning to play a large role in what kind of day I'm having. After this loooong winter, I've forgotten what it was like to leave the house without a coat. Now that I am seeing warm weather on the horizon it's hard to deal with these in between kind of days. I suppose I'm being a bit impatient... 
I blame it all on the tree that's in my front yard. When I moved into this house, it was November and chilly. Fall was coming to an end and the trees were mostly bare. We have this big tree that covers most of the front of the house. Honestly, I thought it was kind of annoying. It looked dead and kinda boring... but the other day I realized that this little tree is full of white flowery looking things that are starting to come out. Anyway, I'm horrible at describing it, but it's beautiful. Who knew I had a thing for trees... 
Felix and I are feeling antsy. He is tired of wearing sweaters outside to use the bathroom and I am tired of wrestling him to get them off.
Last night I sat in a living room full of people from my church that I love. It's a group that was started called "The Living Room" [How clever, right?] and it's for 20/30 year olds who are looking for some mentoring/prayer/hang time with some of the leaders in the church. 
One of the topics that we discussed was dreams. We went around in a circle and talked about what our dreams were. A lot of people confessed that they were too afraid to dream, some said they were waiting for their call, and some confessed that all they could do was dream. This made me think about who I was when I first moved to Nashville. I lived on dreams. I've been so blessed to see some of those dreams become a reality. I've been surrounded with people that have changed my life and the opportunity to be involved in the Christian Music Industry. It's been a blast, but I'd by lying if I told you that it didn't drain me a bit. When doors close it can be terrifying and it can feel an awful like rejection. I just hope I'm never too afraid to dream.

5 days until we leave for Haiti! I'm getting more and more excited every day. 

I just know that God's working A.L.L. things out. 

peace. (:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment