Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Get Up and Walk.

Have you heard? It's official. Spring is here. Today has Puffy Muffin and Motorcycle ride scribbled all across it's pages in my journal. It's too beautiful to keep Felix inside. I don't want him to miss this. Maybe I'll strap him to my back... I bet he'd love the wind in his face ;) kidding. kidding. ...kinda. 
Spring feels like waking up after a long nap. I don't want to sit still for fear of missing something. And today is a total Bethany Dillon-listening, shorts wearing, lay outside on the driveway kind of day. Hello, new day :) 

I woke up this morning with the sun hitting my face through the curtains. My Bible and journal laid next to my pillow. I have spent the last few nights crawling into my room a couple hours before I fall asleep to write and talk with God. It's been fantastic and refreshing. With only 10 days left on the countdown to Haiti, this time is precious to me. My heart speeds up when I think about it. I have no idea what we'll see. I have a feeling that what I expect to see will be shattered with the real picture of what Haiti is right now. Whenever I get nervous, my heart takes my mind back to the verse in Matthew 28: 19-20 "Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even until the end of the age."
I'm loving the group that I'll be traveling with. I'm loving the stories of the people that we'll be meeting there. I'm loving this time. 
My biggest fear is getting down there and not wanting to come home. Thankfully, I'll have a friend visiting when my plane lands... and a trip home to Iowa waiting for me :) 

Something I've found: Even when walking through times that feel like valleys, God provides. Sometimes in the weirdest ways too! The last couple weeks He's surprised me so much by the people He's brought into my life to keep me smiling. Even in the smallest things. A note, a package in the mail, a quick message, a phone call... I'm surrounded by amazing people and a God that gives me grace. 
I've found a new thing that I love: Getting random, [sometimes late] phone calls to tell me silly stories :) So please, keep them coming. 

"Feel the rise like the dawn over my cold and tired heart. What I thought I had lost finds me when I stop and listen." -Bethany Dillon. 

Thanks for the prayers and constant support :)

oh and p.s. I miss you, Torie. My keyboard is somehow still working even though I have flooded it with my tears. My chair however, is still broken. 



No comments:

Post a Comment