Thursday, March 4, 2010

.No Sign Of Rain.





Why, hello there Blogger.com. It's really nice to meet you. 

Right now I'm sitting in one of my favorite little coffee spots in Nashville called Fido's, and I'm trying to decide... How do you start off a blog? I feel like this first entry may be a little awkward, but if you know me at all you know that I'm not afraid of awkward moments. I embrace them, actually. 

Okay. Some background information. My name is Callie. I'm 20 years old. I'm an Iowa gal. I fell in love with music as a young'n, decided to listen to the dream that God placed in my heart and moved to the city of music  -n.a.s.h.v.i.l.l.e.-  when I was 18. I can't get through a day without Jesus. I love old pianos, iced chai tea lattes from Starbucks, and being greeted at the door by the most darling dog on this face of the universe. Felix. 
I feel like that covers most of it. 

Got to start the day off right today. A writing session at my second home Woodland Studios, with my good buddy, Greg LaFollette. I woke up this morning with a giant smile on my face. This usually happens when I know I have a co-write on the schedule... It may also have something to do with the fact that Nashville is starting to show some serious signs of Spring. I feel like life is showing some signs of Spring too. Lord knows, the last few months have felt like winter. Feeling pretty anxious for a change in seasons. New life. New start.  I think the song that was written during our writing session this morning reflects just that. The feeling that you get when you can FINALLY roll down your car windows and not freeze your bum off. When you can almost hear your flip flops calling out to you from behind the closet door. Hey, Nashville! It's Springtime :) 
Here's something crazy!- In 4 short weeks I'll be boarding a plane to Haiti with a group from my church, New River Fellowship. It seemed so far away until I was standing in the lobby of my room mates clinic waiting for my script for malaria pills. Honestly, this trip is going to take me so far out of my comfort zone. I mean, worlds away from my comfort zone. I just can't wait to see the face of the little girl that I've been able to sponsor. It will change me. Bring it. 

Life right now is full of changes. My plans change daily... I love it this way. Just when I think that I've got it all figured out... God's just good at keeping me guessing, I suppose. 

Alright, I think that's my first post? I hope it wasn't too awkward? Believe me, it could have been A LOT worse... I know some jokes. I think they're fantastic... but... maybe it's the delivery that I should work on? One is about these 2 muffins in an oven...... I guess I'll save that one for later maybe. 

I think I'll drive home with my windows rolled down...

-Cal. 

1 comment:

  1. exciting - now i have a way to stalk you ;)

    ReplyDelete