Monday, March 8, 2010

.Unwritten.

I'm not even going to pretend that my heart feels in tip-top shape right now like it did when I woke up this morning. I wish it was... These last 10 months of my life have been a roller-coaster with more high's than low's. I have met people that make my heart smile and people that I hope to hold onto for the rest of my life. I've felt love that is unconditional and love that never leaves. I thank God every day for the opportunities He's given me in these last months. I don't think I've ever experienced peace in my life like the peace I've found in sharing Jesus with others through music and finding Him wrapped up in songs. There's really nothing like that for me. We all have our own ways of speaking with God and hearing Him... Mine usually comes through music. 
So, to be perfectly honest... but still be fair, I'll try to explain some of what's going on. 
I think it's the artist in me that feels this so deeply that it's hard to speak (or type) without tearing up...
During this season of my career I'm walking down roads with certain groups... Trying to figure out which is the path that God is calling me to. Sometimes I can get so lost and so confused. I can waste time listening to my own voice and trying to make my own plan rather than searching for God's... Let's be real- His is much cooler than mine could ever be. Sometimes I can just feel so sure I know where He's leading me...
So I've learned something today. It was a hard lesson to learn. No matter the length of time I spend walking down a road with someone in this business, no matter how safe I feel, and no matter how hard I work to try and make it fit... if it's not in God's plan for me (whether it be timing, or just not a good fit) no amount of pushing and trying will change the fact that it's just. not. His. plan. 
I'm not gonna lie. I'm feeling frustrated right now. More sad than anything else because I was honestly. just. excited. and I know that I'll truly miss it... 
This isn't a stopping point. God reminded me on the drive home today of the songs that are still unwritten. The people that I haven't met yet. The stories I haven't heard. The smiles I haven't seen. It's not over. Somehow, someway... I just know.

That's it for now. Tomorrow will be another sunny day here in Nashville and I plan on not wasting a minute of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment