Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Right Words.

I woke up this morning thinking about words. When I write songs I think about words, so this isn't really anything new or exciting... but I was thinking about how much power they hold. I know I wrote about that in my last blog, but it stayed with me A.L.L. day. I mean, it absolutely blows my mind that someone can lead you somewhere with their words and empty promises. We believe words. We trust people by their words. Then in a matter of even a few minutes they can take their words back and you're left with nothing. That just doesn't seem right to me. Honestly, this made me want to zip my mouth for eternity. I'm not sure that I know what to do with the fact that my words can change something or.... someone. Maybe this doesn't make any sense. Maybe nobody else really even cares. Just thought it interesting. 
Then that made me think about words in songs... I always wonder what the artist was going through when he/she wrote it, but really.... today I would have given my right Tom shoe to have coffee with Rosie Thomas and ask her what was going on in her life when she wrote "It don't matter to the world if you walk out that door. This whole world just keeps spinning 'round, spinning round, like it did the day before. 'Cause to them it makes no difference. It just keeps on keeping time. It ain't gonna stop the world, but it will be the end of mine." I think that's the most honest lyric I've ever heard in my life.
I just want to know. 

I have so many questions. 
Like... 
Why does Felix have candle wax stuck in his fur?... I think that's what it is anyways...?

I will say this... you should probably listen to "Hold On" by Nichole Nordeman. And "It Don't Matter to the Sun" by Rosie Thomas.

-Callie. 

2 comments:

  1. Callie,

    Life is one very big learning lesson! The things I know at 40, I wish I knew at 20. But for every bad thing in life, a lesson comes from it. You will learn who is honest and who you can trust. And sometimes you just won't get it. No matter how hard you pound your head on the wall, it just won't make sense..
    Why loved ones are taken from us, why people fall out of love, why people can look you in the eye and lie to you.
    In all of that you must remember who you are and what your mission is. You have a song to sing and a storey to tell. I remember your last trip home and listening to your music and thinking wow, she has a amazing connection with God. I need to stop letting life get in the way and work on that.
    I listened to Driveway the other day and thought about being 16 again. And listened to Ken's song and remembered how short and valuable life is and how everything can change in the blink of a eye.
    God gave you that beutiful voice for a reason!! To make a difference! To bring our heads up when feeling down! To remind us when "If Life is to hard to stand, Kneel"
    Your words mean a ton to the many of friends, fans and family around you.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thank you, Cathy. That was so encouraging. God is working. I've found out that it's when things seem impossible that He shows Himself the most.

    Thank you for being such a source of support and smiles :)

    ReplyDelete